Regular Prayer Activities
- The Ministry of Prayer is offered in the Lady Chapel every Sunday during the
10am Eucharist Service, and during the 6pm Holy Communion with Healing Prayer, held on the last
Sunday of each month.
Prayer may be for yourself or on behalf of another.
- There is a prayer corner in the Lady Chapel with a box for prayer requests and candles to light
- A Prayer Group meets for about 45 mins most Mondays to pray together for the community
(Fairford as a town and the Church Community) and also praying for the requests that have been
placed in the prayer box in the Lady Chapel and Park Close Stores. Anyone is welcome to join in with this.
- There are also several bible study /house groups taking place in Fairford. One on a Monday evening,
another on a Tuesday morning, and one that Kathleen and Sarah run that meets roughly monthly. If you
want to know more about these then Denise Hyde (01285 713285) is the person to talk to.
Prayer and Healing Group
This is a small group (7 people) who meet monthly to look at ways of encouraging and healing
people on their spiritual journeys and to pray together.
- They are regularly involved in the Prayer in pairs at the 10.00am service and 6.00pm Healing
service on the last Sunday of each month.
- They are also involved in the actual running of the Healing Service, leading, reading,
- They manage the prayer corner in the Lady Chapel - the prayer request box, and prayer cards
for people to take away.
- They organize events like the Lent Daily Prayer and Lent Courses and The Annual Parish Retreat
March Prayer Focus
Trust In God
Trust is the highest form of faith because it doesn't need to know all the answers.....Trust in God and let peace take over.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.
Just a thought —
When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.
We encourage you to join us in prayer whether at home or in Church for the following groups of people and areas of our town:
- Our Church Leaders
- Bishops Rachel & Robert
- Churches Together
- Church Wardens
- Local Ministry Team
- Our Bell Ringers
- Prayer and Healing Team
- St Mary's Choir
- All New Christians
- West End Gardens, The Garretts, Dynevor Terrace, Dynevor Place, Vines Row, Saxon Way, Sunhill Close, Longlands, Welsh Way, Burdocks
If you would like someone to pray with you in your home, please contact the Parish Office.
Prayer For The Month (March)
Dear Father, problems can be overwhelming, but thank you for providing peace to keep me steady and calm,
day in and day out. Sometimes it's hard to accept things that don't go the way that I want them to.
I know that I need to trust you more so that I can adjust to your will. Help my faith to grow strong
and my trust in you will deepen. I ask in the name of Jesus,
PSALM 23 provides a wonderful picture of tranquility and peace:
'He leads me to lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters, he restores my soul'.