Regular Prayer Activities
- The Ministry of Prayer is offered in the Lady Chapel every Sunday during the
10am Eucharist Service, and during the 6pm Holy Communion with Healing Prayer, held on the last
Sunday of each month.
Prayer may be for yourself or on behalf of another.
- There is a prayer corner in the Lady Chapel with a box for prayer requests and candles to light
- A Prayer Group meets for about 45 mins most Mondays to pray together for the community
(Fairford as a town and the Church Community) and also praying for the requests that have been
placed in the prayer box in the Lady Chapel and Park Close Stores. Anyone is welcome to join in with this.
- There are also several bible study /house groups taking place in Fairford. One on a Monday evening,
another on a Tuesday morning, and one that Kathleen and Sarah run that meets roughly monthly. If you
want to know more about these then Denise Hyde (01285 713285) is the person to talk to.
Prayer and Healing Group
This is a small group (7 people) who meet monthly to look at ways of encouraging and healing
people on their spiritual journeys and to pray together.
- They are regularly involved in the Prayer in pairs at the 10.00am service and 6.00pm Healing
service on the last Sunday of each month.
- They are also involved in the actual running of the Healing Service, leading, reading,
- They manage the prayer corner in the Lady Chapel - the prayer request box, and prayer cards
for people to take away.
- They organize events like the Lent Daily Prayer and Lent Courses and The Annual Parish Retreat
April Prayer Focus
The Lord said to me (Paul), "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the
more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians. 12:9
Just a thought —
Pain in this world often comes when we place confidence in anyone or anything other than our good Lord. It is misplaced confidence.
We encourage you to join us in prayer whether at home or in Church for the following groups of people and areas of our town:
- Single Folk
- Those who live alone
- The Housebound
- The Town Council
- Buckley Close, Busby Close, Jacobs Piece, Lamb Close, Milking Path Way, Near Short Piece
If you would like someone to pray with you in your home, please contact the Parish Office.
Prayer For The Month (April)
My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where
it will end… Therefore I will trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death, I will not
fear for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone. All I need to do is call
out to Jesus for his peace. I pray in his name
Bless the Lord of heaven above, sing to God with thanks and love.
Praise him for the joyful spring, bringing life to everything.
Praise him for the blossom trees, birds and butterflies and bees.
Praise him for the clouds and rain, and for the sunshine once again.
Bless the Lord of heaven above, sing to God with thanks and love